Working to improve the lives of children and adults with mental illnesses and their families
Mental Health Day on the Hill - Tuesday, March 12
This year’s Mental Health Rally and Day at the Capitol is set for Tuesday, March 12. About 700 people packed the Capitol last time around and organizers are hoping for an even bigger turn out this year. It is vitally important for advocates to attend and make their voices heard! Legislators need to know that mental health is an issue that Minnesotans are passionate about as they put together the state’s next budget.
An issues briefing will be held at 10:00 a.m. at Christ Lutheran Church (105 W. University Ave.) followed by the Rally at Noon in the Capitol Rotunda. People are encouraged to schedule appointments with their state representative and state senator that afternoon. Buses will be available to the Capitol from multiple locations in Greater Minnesota.
The event is sponsored by the Minnesota Mental Health Legislative Network, a coalition of more than 20 statewide mental health organizations concerned about the quality and availability of mental health services.
Get NAMI Legislative Updates
Sign up for NAMI Minnesota Legislative Updates and get current information on legislative issues. NAMI members will be coming to the Capitol most Thursday mornings to lobby. Call the NAMI office for more details. To sign up, click here. Find NAMI Minnesota Legislative Updates.
NAMI Legislative Committee Needs You
Volunteers are needed to serve on NAMI’s Legislative Committee. Members help NAMI plan and carry out its legislative goals. For information, click here.
Advocacy Information You can Use:
- Tips for Contacting Legislative Officials, here.
- Locate your legislators, here.
- Find most current Legislative Updates, here.
- NAMI's Legislative Goals for 2013, here.
- NAMI's 2013 Legislative Guide, here.
- Mental Health Legislative Network 2013 Report, here.
Fact Sheets for Legislators
- Fact Sheet: Mental Health Mobile Crisis Teams
- Fact Sheet: What are Mental Illnesses?
- Fact Sheet: Bridges Housing Program
- Fact Sheet: Extended Employment
- Fact Sheet: Model Mental Health Benefit Set
- Fact Sheet: Supportive Housing
- Fact Sheet: Respite Care