Working to improve the lives of children and adults with mental illnesses and their families
"We all know somebody -- a family member, a friend, a neighbor -- who has struggled or will struggle with mental health issues at some point in their lives." - President Barack Obama
Mental Health advocates had another big year at the Capitol in 2016. The StarTribune acknowledged the Capitol Success in a front page lead article.
Find NAMI Minnesota's 2016 Legislative Summary, here.
NAMI Minnesota Position Statement on Body Cameras, here.
Get NAMI Legislative Updates
Sign up for NAMI Minnesota Legislative Updates and get current information on legislative issues. NAMI members will be coming to the Capitol most Thursday mornings during the Legislative Session to lobby. Call the NAMI office for more details. To sign up, click here. Find NAMI Minnesota Legislative Updates.
NAMI Legislative Committee Needs You
Volunteers are needed to serve on NAMI’s Legislative Committee. Members help NAMI plan and carry out its legislative goals. For information, click here.
Advocacy Information You can Use:
- Tips for Contacting Legislative Officials, here.
- Locate your legislators, here.
- Find most current Legislative Updates, here.
- NAMI's Legislative Goals - Best Investments for 2015, here.
Fact Sheets for Legislators
- Fact Sheet: Mental Health Mobile Crisis Teams
- Fact Sheet: What are Mental Illnesses?
- Fact Sheet: Bridges Housing Program
- Fact Sheet: Extended Employment
- Fact Sheet: Model Mental Health Benefit Set
- Fact Sheet: Supportive Housing
- Fact Sheet: Respite Care