Working to improve the lives of children and adults with mental illnesses and their families
800 Transfer Road, #31
Saint Paul, MN 55114
toll free: 1-888-NAMI-Helps
NAMI Minnesota ADVOCATE Newsletters, here.
NAMI Minnesota Fact Sheets, here.
NAMI Minnesota DVDs,
NAMI Minnesota Annual Reports, here.
• Transitions (Jan. 2014) - Information and resources to assist parents in supporting their young adult with a mental illness. Download, here.
• Children's Psychiatric Hospitalization (June 2013) - What you need to know when a child is hospitalized. Download, here.
• Minnesota's Adult Mental Health Resource Guide: Hope for Recovery (Apr. 2013) - A resource booklet for navigating the mental health system in Minnesota. Download, here.
• Mental Health Crisis Planning for Adults (May 2013) - Download, here.
• Advocating for People with Mental Illnesses in the Minnesota Criminal Justice System (Mar. 2014) - For anyone trying to advocate for a person with mental illness who has been arrested, is in jail, or is returning to the community after incarceration. Download, here.
• Adult Psychiatric Hospitalization (July 2012) - What you need to know when a loved one is hospitalized. Download, here.
• Advocating for a Child with a Mental Illness in the Minnesota Juvenile Justice System (Mar. 2014) - Answers questions such as: What if my child is sent to a juvenile detention center? What does my child’s attorney need to know? What can I expect in court? How can I help my child prepare to leave a correctional or treatment facility? How should I handle a mental health crisis? What do I need to know about calling law enforcement? For a copy, call NAMI at 651-645-2948 or download, here.
Mental Health Crisis Planning for Families (Feb. 2010) - Learn to recognize, manage, prevent and plan for your child's mental health crisis. Download,
• Understanding the Minnesota Civil Commitment Process(Sept. 2010) - Booklet on dealing with crisis situations, the steps in the process, pre-commitment screening, hospitals and emergency treatment, commitment standards, common questions, and alternatives to commitment. Download, here.
• Family Involvement Law - A booklet to help families and professionals understand changes in the data privacy laws that allow limited but important information to be released to families. Download, here.
• Keeping Families Together - A resource guide for families to understand intensive treatment options for children with mental illnesses. Download, here. Voluntary Placement Form, here.
(Single copies are available free; multiple copies are available for a small fee.)
NAMI Minnesota's 5-Year Strategic Plan (2013-2018) - Summary is available,