Working to improve the lives of children and adults with mental illnesses and their families
800 Transfer Road, #31
Saint Paul, MN 55114
toll free: 1-888-NAMI-Helps
NAMI Minnesota ADVOCATE Newsletters, here.
NAMI Minnesota Fact Sheets, here.
NAMI Minnesota DVDs,
NAMI Minnesota Annual Reports, here.
Sign up for NAMI Minnesota E-Newsletters, here.
• Mental Health Crisis Planning for Children (May 2014) - Learn to recognized, manage, prevent and plan for your child's mental health crisis. Download, here.
• Juvenile Justice: Advocating for a Child with a Mental Illnesses (March 2014) - Answers questions such as: What if my child is sent to a juvenile detention center? What does my child’s attorney need to know? What can I expect in court? How can I help my child prepare to leave a correctional or treatment facility? How should I handle a mental health crisis? What do I need to know about calling law enforcement? Download, here.
• Transitions (Jan. 2014) - Information and resources to assist parents in supporting their young adult with a mental illness. Download, here.
• Children's Psychiatric Hospitalization (June 2013) - What you need to know when a child is hospitalized. Download, here.
• Hope for Recovery: Minnesota's Adult Mental Health Resource Guide (August 2014) - A resource booklet for navigating the mental health system in Minnesota. Download, here.
• Adult Psychiatric Hospitalization (May 2014) - What you need to know when a loved one is hospitalized. Download, here.
• Criminal Justice: Advocating for an Adult with a Mental Illness (March 2014) - For anyone trying to advocate for a person with mental illness who has been arrested, is in jail, or is returning to the community after incarceration. Download, here.
• Mental Health Crisis Planning for Adults (May 2013) - Download, here.
• Understanding the Minnesota Civil Commitment Process (Sept. 2010) - Booklet on dealing with crisis situations, the steps in the process, pre-commitment screening, hospitals and emergency treatment, commitment standards, common questions, and alternatives to commitment. Download, here.
(Single hard copies are available free; multiple copies are available for a small fee. Contact the NAMI office at 651-645-2948.)
NAMI Minnesota's 5-Year Strategic Plan (2013-2018) - Summary is available,