Working to improve the lives of children and adults with mental illnesses and their families
NAMI Minnesota ADVOCATE Newsletters, here.
Sign up for NAMI Minnesota E-Newsletters, here.
NAMI Minnesota Fact Sheets, here.
NAMI Minnesota DVDs, here.
NAMI Minnesota Annual Reports, here.
Hard Copy Publication Order Form, here.
• Hope for Recovery: Minnesota's Adult Mental Health Resource Guide (Sept. 2016) - A resource booklet for navigating the mental health system in Minnesota. Download, here.
• Adult Psychiatric Hospitalization (May 2014) - What you need to know when a loved one is hospitalized. Download, here.
• Mental Health Crisis Planning for Adults (Feb. 2016) - Download, here.
• Criminal Justice: Advocating for an Adult with a Mental Illness (March 2014) - For anyone trying to advocate for a person with mental illness who has been arrested, is in jail, or is returning to the community after incarceration. Download, here.
• Understanding the Minnesota Civil Commitment Process (May 2016) - Covers dealing with crisis situations, steps in the process, pre-commitment screening, hospitals and emergency treatment, commitment standards, common questions, and alternatives to commitment. Download, here.
• Children's Psychiatric Hospitalization (Sept. 2015) - What you need to know when a child is hospitalized. Download, here.
• Transitions (Sept. 2016) - Information and resources to assist parents in supporting their young adult with a mental illness. Download, here.
• Understanding Psychosis - Resources & Recovery (Sept. 2016) - A resource guide to help young people, parents and loved ones understand warning signs and causes of psychosis, advocacy, evidence based treatment practices and supports available to help get young people back to their lives, work and school. Download, here.
• Mental Health Crisis Planning for Children (Feb. 2016) - Learn to recognized, manage, prevent and plan for your child's mental health crisis. Download, here.
• Juvenile Justice: Advocating for a Child with a Mental Illnesses (Sept. 2016) - Answers questions such as: What if my child is sent to a juvenile detention center? What does my child’s attorney need to know? What can I expect in court? How can I help my child prepare to leave a correctional or treatment facility? How should I handle a mental health crisis? What do I need to know about calling law enforcement? Download, here.
• Dealing with a Mental Health Crisis: Information & Resources for First Responders (March 2016). Pamphlet primarily designed to help educate law enforcement personnel. Download, here.
NAMI Minnesota's 5-Year Strategic Plan (2013-2018) - Summary is available, here.